Holiday Home Insurance

Holiday homes can be very valuable assets – and in some cases, even more valuable than your permanent residence. Whether it’s for personal use or you rent your second home to tenants, either permanently or occasionally, it’s important that you have protection in place for unexpected events.

Purchasing extensive holiday home insurance - rather than a general landlord insurance policy - is an absolute must. Under some cases, you may not be covered under a general policy given the short term nature of the rental agreement.

In many cases, landlords are dealing with a large number of tenants over a period of time. It is always important to choose appropriate tenants, and it becomes arguably more important to do so when renting out a holiday home. We always recommend having a formal signed agreement with your guests, if applicable and ensuring the house rules are clear and visible to them when they arrive.

SGUA provides comprehensive insurance cover that landlords need to protect their holiday home and have peace of mind. Covering a range of property types including villas, beach houses, cottages, houses and inner city apartments, SGUA offers packages that have been put together specifically for holiday home rental arrangements.

Protects you against unexpected events Protects you against damage caused by Tenants and their invitees Protects you should your rental income be affected by:
  • Fire explosion or lightning
  • Earthquake and tsunami
  • Burst pipes and overflowing tanks and the like
  • Accidental glass breakage
  • Malicious damage by third parties (not tenants)
  • Storm
  • Theft by third parties (not tenants)
  • Riot or civil commotion
  • Burning out of household electrical machines
  • Impact
  • Legal liability
  • Deliberate Damage
  • Deliberate damage by tenant
  • An insured peril (excl. legal Liability)
Additonal optional cover
  • Strata title mortgagee protection